Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Toy!

I mentioned my first use of color in a previous post a week or so ago and talked about eventually trying out digital coloring with a tablet. When my wife Xty saw the post she said "That's like what they use on Project Runway to design the outfits, let's get one!" It didn't take much arm bending to get me onboard and thanks to Amazon Prime, a brand new Wacom Intuos 4 showed up on our doorstep last night. 




We decided to go with the large version as the medium seemed a bit small and I read the extra-large was much thicker and bulkier. I promptly installed the software left-handed on my desktop and right-handed on Xty's laptop. I thought this was a pretty neat feature since the LED display changes depending on which way you install it... so we both can read it and use the buttons with our weak hand. Very cool!


I haven't had a chance to mess around with it much but it looks like there will be a bit of a learning curve getting the feel of it. I hope to have a demonstration on here shortly, as soon as I read Tom Richmond's tutorial on digital painting. 'Cause that's all that it will take to make me good, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

once you figure it out...you can give me a tutorial...because in this family its the girl who doesn't like to read directions! :)