Monday, January 16, 2012

Caricature 21/500: Going Mental

Here we are 4% of the way into our journey already. I have burned through quite a few erasers in the last month or so but things are getting a bit easier. I am becoming a little more comfortable in the drawing part but the seeing part is still proving elusive unless I go with easy subjects. Luckily nowadays we have the internet to help so I am able to search out other people's caricatures to cheat a bit on what to exaggerate by seeing how they handled things. It is amazing how various artists have different takes on the same subject but are still able to achieve a likeness. Google Images is a great resource and every little bit helps... Enough of that, on to today's post.



For my 21st caricature, I decided on Simon Baker from the TV show The Mentalist. The show is about an ex-psychic fraud who lost his family to a serial killer and now uses his powers of observation and suggestion to help an investigative agency catch bad guys, particularly the bad guy that killed his wife and daughter.


The areas I decided to pic on are Mr. Baker's slightly droopy right eye, crooked smile and thick wavy hair. On the show he often wears a vest so I used that in the full body version and I dangled a hypnotist's watch from his hand to promote his reputation for mind tricks.


There you have it, The Mentalist.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Westbroek said...

Pretty good Mike! Looks like all your practice is paying off!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nece :)