Friday, January 13, 2012

Caricature 19/500: JAWS Part 3, Brody

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." The most famous line of the movie and the scene that still gets me almost every time I watch it. The first time we get a really good look at Bruce the shark too, brief as it was and from that point on it was full speed ahead.


Part 3 of my JAWS series showcases Chief Brody, played by Roy Scheider at the moment before he sees exactly what they are up against. Running the chum line and talking smack about Hooper driving the boat, Chief doesn't see what's sneaking up behind him until it's a little too close (and too big) for comfort.


I took a few liberties on this one. In the movie, Brody wasn't wearing his police uniform but I thought it would add to the recognizability. I also put him in a pair of hip boots. Other than that it is pretty close to what we saw in the film. For the caricature, I skinnied his face and gave him a long chin and curvy mouth. I also lengthened and lumped up his nose. 


I think he turned out pretty good and all three in this series gave me a bit of confidence. If I get time tomorrow maybe I will try to crank out one more bonus sketch for the JAWS theme. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't know why i am the only one commenting...but this is one of my faves. i'm hoping you are going to line the walls of our hallway with framed drawings!

Unknown said...

thank you for your kind words. you always were a trend setter.;p