Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life Drawing Class: Week 4

Just a few photos of my 20 minute sketches from class today and a couple of homework assignments. Last week was a holiday so there was no class and therefore we had a double homework assignment. 


The first was to draw a self portrait at 3/4 view. I did the nose too big but the teacher liked it. She actually asked me if she could keep it so I guess that is fair enough approval. I sketched it with pencil and then used pastels for the color. This one took me a couple of hours since I did it while the Fair Xty watched a movie in the other room.


















The second homework assignment was a self portrait at front or 3/4 view including your hand. It took me awhile but I finally decided a way to use my hand that fits my specific style.




Here are some sketches from today's class. There were some hard poses today, particularly the "feet first" one. They are not great sketches but keep in mind we only get from 15 to 25 minutes to do the entire thing. Then she moves to a different pose and we start over. Only two more classes and next week's homework is to draw your friends or family in an interesting pose.







No comments: