Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Caricature 34/500: Baldwin

It has been a busy week of freelance work so I haven't had a chance to draw any caricatures at all for a few days. Plus, our homework for Life Drawing Class this week is a real challenge so I will be tied up with it for the next couple of evenings.


Here is one of Alec Baldwin that I sketched up on paper and then inked with a marker. I scanned it into Photoshop and did the coloring digitally with my Wacom tablet. I think it turned out pretty good. The Fair Xty knew who it was which is my main test. I am becoming more comfortable with the Wacom tablet and the coloring is coming more easily as well.


This is a short post but the caricature is a decent representation of the style I hope to eventually master. Somewhat cartoony, not too detailed but still bares a resemblance to the subject.

No comments: