Thursday, February 2, 2012

Caricature 25-26/500: Cryer Me A River

I know it has been longer than usual for me to get a post up. I have been working on a redo of Part 3 in the Magnum pi Series but it might be a couple more days so I am going to skip ahead/back once more.


Today's caricaster (caricature disaster) is Jon Cryer AKA Alan Harper from Two and a Half Men AKA Ducky from Pretty in Pink. I seem to have a caricature preference for pathetic nerds. Many are goofy looking and therefore easy to caricaturize. That is my hypothesis but it didn't prove easy in this case. I tried a couple of times.


The first one is a decent drawing, it just doesn't really look like him. I made his face too fat and he looks a little too feminine. 


For the second one I tried to show the hopeless resigned look of someone who can never get a break, much like his character on TAAHM. He is not that easy to capture. I added an nonathletic body to this one with sloping shoulders which helps to add to his recognizability. I think if I put him next to a guy wearing shorts and a bowling shirt you may be able to spot him in a crowd. I am working on a Charlie Sheen to go next to him so stay tuned!




No comments: