Friday, February 10, 2012

Caricature 29/500: Carlos Estevez - Winning!

Here is a quick drawing I made of the Warlock himself, Charlie Sheen. Is it a good, detailed drawing that I spent a lot of time on? Nope but it looks like Charlie and I did it fast, like 15 minutes. That is a far cry from the 3-4 hours I was spending on my first couple of caricatures just a month and a half ago.


If you haven't been keeping up, The Fair Xty and I have been taking an art class at the local community college. It is live drawing and the poses are timed. That means you have to hustle if you want to get a drawing done before the model moves to a new pose. This makes you commit to your lines and it is the best single thing I have gotten out of the class so far. Just let 'er rip!


Since then, my caricatures have been more confident and have been coming together faster. I still have trainwrecks littering my sketchpad but it is getting easier. I am well into my second sketchbook now and can already see a difference. I can't wait to see what book 6 or 7 looks like. The smaller time investment is making it more likely that I can stick with it.

No comments: