Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caricatures 32 & 33: A Couple TV Sketches

A Person of Interest to me.
I have some nice caricatures in the works. The trouble is that it takes a while to make the fancy colored ones and I can't keep up with regular posting and get them all finished, especially when I am trying to add bodies to some of the newer ones. Time to throw in a little fodder to hold you over. Here are a couple of quick sketches I did the other day while watching television (what else?). One of them turned out decent and the other did not...


First we watched an episode of the new drama Person of Interest starring Jim Caviezel, the guy that played Jesus in The Passion of the Christ and Michael Emerson of L.O.S.T. Michael Emerson is definitely caricature-worthy. He has close eyes and a crooked mouth to go with many other out-of-the-ordinary features. He also has an injury on the show that makes him appear to have a fused or non existent neck. I initially had some trouble with this guy until I browsed the web to see other drawings of him, so I was influenced by other caricatures (cheated) a bit but he still came out of my pencil.


My apologies to Ms Hunt.
The second one was a disaster. She seems so unique and caricaturable. I guess I just haven't drawn women enough to get it right. She is supposed to be Hetty from NCIS: Los Angeles played by Linda Hunt. I know it is not worthy of blogging about but I can't just give you the highlights of my sketchpad; you'd think I was much better at this than I really am.


I will definitely have to revisit these two with better efforts. Once I reach my 500 I plan to do many more scenes... like the whole cast of a show or team, etc. Won't that be fun!

No comments: