Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Study Materials


Since I finished Tom Richmond's book the other day I have been hunting for more information on caricature. I picked up a book by Martin Pope that has a lot of useful information called Drawing Caricatures: How to Create Successful Caricatures in a Range of Styles. I am now working my way through the nose section. One part i find particularly useful is his technique of showing a full page of the same faces with one feature exaggerated to show how much it changes the way the face looks. It is really interesting to see how changing something like the ear shape and size can make the whole head look fatter or thinner.


Another resource I found is a section on caricature from the website Learn To Draw.com. It looks as though it contains upwards of 25 pages of tips and techniques. I am going to dig deeper into it this evening and see what I can find.

No comments: