Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Caricature 4/500: My Biggest Celeb So Far

You may ask yourself... What could be more embarrassing than having a blog that reveals all of your daily failures in a new hobby that you have little skill at? The answer is... Using yourself as the guinea pig in a new hobby that reveals all of those failures and posts them on the internet. So of course that's what I did. #4 in our series of 500 poorly drawn caricatures is me. To be more specific, me three weeks into an elk hunting trip in the wilds of Wyoming. This is a phone pic i took at 9500ft one morning after a snowstorm.


If you think it is hard to draw someone else you should try drawing yourself. Since the only way you really know yourself is through a mirror image it never looks quite right. I initially exaggerate this one with a long chin but when I showed it to the wife she said it looked like i had a foot long beard so I erased half of it. This one is pretty much of a disaster. The brow is way too heavily lined and the eyes are jacked up and it's not a caricature since I erased the long chin and didn't really exaggerate much else. At some point you just figure it's not worth saving and give up. That's what happened on this one. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

give yourself a break mike...i kinda looks like you ;)
-the wife