Friday, March 9, 2012

Caricature 35/500: The Fair Xty

As some of you may know, my wife - the fair Christy - is a great cook and pastry chef.Yesterday she got a new toy in the mail... a chocolate tempering machine! Don't feel bad, I didn't know what that means either. I still don't although for the price it must be something spectacular. The short of it is that it makes the chocolate shiny when you melt it and pour it in a mold to make candy bars and such. Apparently this is very time consuming to do by hand and this machine makes it all automatic. All I know for sure is that the house smells delicious.


What's the point, you ask? Well she has worked up a bunch of custom gourmet candy bars magically titled things like the "Salty Dharma" and the "Don't Be Bitter, My Sweet". She is kicking around the idea of selling them to friends and family for Easter and asked me to make up an order form for her. I said I would do it if I could include a caricature of her on it.


So here you have it... My first full-body female caricature. I sketched in pencil as usual and then inked and colored her digitally with my Wacom tablet.


She says it looks just like her. If you know her you can be the judge. If you don't you'll just have to take her word for it. If you are interested in the wonderful confections she creates I invite you to wander over to Fudge Ripple Blog and have a look.

1 comment:

Weinerdog said...

awesome it looks just like her